As an Integration Engineer you will be responsible for ensuring that NXLog products operate well with third-party solutions and they are able to collect from and send log data to a wide variety of solutions and products.
Your daily tasks and responsibilities:
- Providing material about various product integrations for the Technical Writer team that can be used as a basis to create integration guides and assisting them with any problems that arise during the documentation process, and helping in the review of completed documentation.
- Assisting the Technical Support, Presales and QA teams with any product integration specific questions.
- Helping customers bring the most out of NXLog products when they require professional services to set up log collection from various sources or log ingestion into their preferred SIEM.
- Work with product managers and developers suggesting enhancements to the products to improve user experience.
- Be passionate about closing the gap that occurs as a constant development of NXLog and third-party vendor technology ensuring the interoperability of our products.
- Help customers and occasionally engage in support to troubleshoot issues and provide advice on how to properly use the products.
- Research and integrate NXLog products with third party solutions and new technologies that emerge. Create professional technical documentations and present for internal and external use.
- Up-to-date knowledge of our products and their capabilities.
- Write scripts using Perl, Python, Bash, or even Rust.
- Follow up on new hardware and software products, technologies.
- Experience with log management tools and SIEM products (QRadar, ArcSight, Splunk, Snare, syslogd, Logstash, Kafka, ELK, Graylog, etc.)
- Good knowledge of protocols, including networking (e.g. TCP, UDP) and application layer (e.g. DNS, DHCP) protocols
- Experience with RDBMS and NoSQL solutions
- Cloud platforms (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- VM and container technologies (VMWare, KVM, LXC, Docker)
- Operating systems knowledge (Linux, Windows, MacOS)
- Knowledge of scripting languages: shell, perl, python, powershell
- Passionate to work with Linux systems while also feeling at home on Windows
- Excellent debugging, troubleshooting and problem solving skills with relevant tooling knowledge
- Qualification: BS degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or relevant field
- Professional experience: 5+ years